- Associate’s Degree (or 54 semester hours) from a Regionally Accredited College/University with C grades or better
- 2 years of cumulative active Military Service with an honorable discharge, stipulated on DD Form 214 or NGB Form 22
- One of the above minimum requirements
- 3 years of continuous employment as a P.O.S.T. certified Officer at a law enforcement agency with a minimum of 20 full-time commissioned officers.
Fast Track Lateral Transition Requirements
- 5 years of continuous employment as a Tennessee P.O.S.T. certified Officer at a law enforcement agency with a minimum of 20 full-time commissioned officers and be a graduate from Memphis Police Department, Shelby County Sheriff, or Donnelson Academies.
- 21 years of age
- Honorable discharge from military service, if applicable.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- No violent misdemeanor or felony convictions. This also applies to violations of any federal/state laws relating to force, theft, dishonesty, gambling, alcohol (liquor) or controlled substances.
- Citizen of the United States.
Must successfully complete and pass the following:
- Running Test (1.5 miles within 16:30 minutes or less)
- Obstacle Course (a foot chase simulation) 160 seconds or less
- Written Exams (W.R.A.P. & A.B.L.E.)
- Background Screening
- Psychological Assessment
- Clinical Interview
- Medical Exam
- Finger Printing
Note: (All Lateral applicants must – first – complete and pass the firearms proficiency course)
- Personal Accountability
- Dignity and Respect
- Stable Employment Record
- Good Driving Record
- No History of Addiction to Drugs and/or Alcohol
Please note: There is no maximum age limit.